Thursday, July 1, 2010

UFA Day #1!!!

Ok, so it was the first day for Unrestricted Free Agency in the NHL... I didn't get to watch much but I followed it on twitter... well more like tweets on my phone... got about 250 today hahahaha!!! Not too too much to report for my teams/players...

Kurtis Foster (former Minnesota Wild player) signed with the Oilers... very happy for him and I hope he does well... a part of me was still hoping he'd go back to the Wild :(

The Minnesota Wild decided not to re-sign Derek Boogaard (WOOHOO!!!) and he was signed to a 4 year deal with the New York Rangers... there he can be with Gabby... I am so very glad Boogaard will not be with the Wild, he is NOT fan friendly... NEVER had a good experience with him... and I'm also glad that he's playing in the East now...

Both Olli Jokinen and Alex Tanguay have been signed by the Calgary Flames... both players had previously been a part of the Flames roster... Jokinen coming back from the Rangers and Tanguay coming from the Lightning... Was hopeful that Jokinen would sign with the Wild but still happy with where he is...

Saku Koivu re-signed with the Ducks for 2 years, I am pretty sure the Wild had made him an offer but I can only assume he still didn't think it would be right playing with his brother Mikko in Minnesota... I'm still not sure how I feel about this since I couldn't make up my mind yesterday when I had read about the possibility... but I wish him all the best since I am still a big fan!

The Minnesota Wild re-signed Guillaume Latendresse, they also sign Minnesota native Matt Cullen from the Sens and Eric Nystrom from the Calgary Flames.

And finally the Carolina Hurricanes sign Jonathan Matsumoto.

Obviously these are not the only deals that went down on day 1 but these are the ones that matter to ME! lmao! For a list of today's deals go here:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=63235

Other than UFA day nothing much has happened in my world... I may have more to blog about when my brain stops thinking hockey haha!

OH one thing... I am very pissed that my sister doesn't have her computer back! It was supposed to be fixed TODAY! And yes the computer guy WAS in on Canada Day!

But that's it for right now... I know none of you are really interested in any of this but I am so deal with it :P hahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. altho hockey talk is like trying to read another language. i still always enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO how does any of what I said sound like another language??? hahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete